Join the Downtown Bend Business Association (DBBA), Lay it Out Events (LIOE), and Bend Film on Thursday, February 6th at 8:30am to discuss the 2020 event season in Downtown Bend.
Over 2018 and 2019, the DBBA has been advocating for business concerns around the multi-day street closures and event policies and procedures in Downtown Bend. Currently, LIOE is the only company holding multi-day festivals in the district. As such, they have listened to the concerns of the business community and responded with 14 purposed changes.
These changes are as follows:
1. LIOE to provide a downtown liaison position to address access issues, support joint marketing efforts and work with LIOE staff to provide for and accommodate a business’s ‘day-of’ needs.
2. LIOE to rotate the stage at Bite of Bend and move the main stage for Fall and Summerfest
3. LIOE to, as code allows, redo layouts to move vendors to the center of the street
4. LIOE to require all event and vendor staff to park off-site and outside of the EID
5. LIOE to provide deeper cleaning post-festival
6. LIOE to provide pre and post-festival meetings with the City and the DBBA
7. LIOE to launch a new app featuring downtown retailer discounts, free to DBBA members for the first year
8. LIOE to design scavenger hunts on this app to drive traffic
9. LIOE to offer stage time, free of charge, to the DBBA and community groups
10. LIOE to conduct surveys at select events and share data with retailers
11. LIOE to facilitate ‘Art of the Song’ workshops (scheduling festival performers to play at local businesses within the EID pre and post-festival.
12. LIOE to work with downtown businesses on sidewalk sale promotions
13. LIOE to provide an after-festival party promotion
14. LIOE to provide dedicated media for Downtown lit – full-page guide ads, separate social media, posters, and logistical support.
Join us for coffee and pastries, provided by Looney Bean Cafe, some fun Bend Film previews and hear all about how the 2020 event season in Downtown Bend is going to be the most successful one yet!
This meeting is open to the public. Please join us at the Tin Pan Theatre, 869 NW Tin Pan Alley in Downtown Bend. (Click here for a map to this location)