Have you ever visited Bend Brewing Co. tucked away in Downtown Bend on Brooks street? Bend Brewing Co. was established in 1995, and is the second oldest brew pub in Bend, Oregon. They have a rich history of award winning craft beer which is brewed at their landmark location over looking the Deschutes River at Mirror Pond in Downtown Bend. Recently purchased by Leslie and Packy, Bend Brewing Co. has quickly become one of my favorite places to stop for a drink – or meet friends for lunch. With big plans ahead for Bend Brewing Co., & this Brooks street block in general (also home to Pine Tavern and Looney Bean) – this is bound to become one of the most popular blocks in Bend!
Here are five reasons to visit Bend Brewing Co. with your friends and family over the Holidays
- Beer. Of course, beer is one of the delights of my life, so it has to have the #1 slot on this list. Brewing less than 1,000 barrels a year, Brewmaster, Ian Larkin and his assistant, Josh Harned, continue to produce award winning beer in their small brewery upstairs overlooking the pub. These gentlemen are craftsmen & artisans of the finest kind. Click here to check out the list of awards they have received.
- Holiday Cheer. Bend Brewing Co. is decked out in all their Holiday splendor. You can relax an enjoy the Holiday decorations while sipping a pint of their Sno’d In Spiced Winter Ale, staring out the window and the winter weather and chatting with friends (new and old) that you’ll find at Bend Brewing Co.
- Sports. So, because I am a girl this one might surprise you – but there is nothing I love more than watching a game at a friendly bar. It is such an easy way to make friendly acquaintance with others (locals and visitors alike). Cheering on your team with new found friends or razzing competitors is a great way to spend an afternoon.
- Locals Day. Yup, you heard me right. As if we needed another reason to celebrate living on the greatest place on the planet – Bend Brewing Co has $3 pints all day every single Tuesday for locals.
- Amazing Food. From their Ruben Sandwich to their Sriracha Fried Cauliflower – everything on their menu is well priced and delicious! They also offer a happy hour from 4-7 Monday-Friday with half price on all their appetizers, and for your non-beer drinking friends (Wait, who the heck are those people!?!) they have a full bar, and custom crafted cocktails like their prickly pear margarita.
Without a doubt, Bend Brewing Co. is a destination to add to your favorites. I’ll be there this holiday season, and I hope to run into you! – (oh, and if you want to buy me a beer I love their Black Diamond Lager). 😉
This post was written by Mindy Aisling. Mindy is a local life and business coach, a mediator for Deschutes Court, and the Community Relations Coordinator for the Downtown Bend Business Association. She is passionate about entrepreneurship, communication and community. When she is not working, you can often find her in the back-country, mountaineering or backpacking, listing to live music or playing bar trivia in Downtown Bend, or campaigning to created a kinder, more compassionate Bend.