The DBBA together with Downtown Bend businesses has convened a committee to discuss Mirror Pond Plaza and what the community would like to see happen with this great public space.
Rebecca Charlton, owner of Cowgirl Cash and DBBA Board Member is Chair of the committee which held it’s first meeting recently. The minutes from that meeting are below. Please contact Rebecca if you would like to be part of the conversation.
Mirror Pond Plaza Committee
October 7, 2014 meeting held at Crow’s Feet Commons
Attendees: Rebecca Charlton-Cowgirl Cash, Scott Charlton-G5, Stewart Fritchman-Bellatazza, Denise Rich-Sage Custom Framing, Justin Cook-Dojo, Laura Lynn-Pennbrooke Management, Suzy & Bob Reninger-Leapin’ Lizards, Jared Smith & David Marchi-Crow’s Feet Commons, Chuck Arnold and Alyssa Lane-DBBA
1. What is the purpose of this group?
• The group desires consistently positive activity on Mirror Pond Plaza
2. What are the issues?
• Negative behaviors associated with homelessness and domestic disturbances
• The process for choosing food cart vendors and expectations in relating to adjacent businesses and events
• Lighting along Brooks Street Promenade and in Breezeway
• Need for a more efficient way of having special events in this area permitted by the city
• Crow’s Feet Commons Sidewalk Café permit
• Assurance that events and activities follow the rules
• Insurance liability
3. What are the next steps?
• Assure that all stakeholders are engaged in the discussion
• Goal of having a survey out by Thanksgiving