What is A Christmas of Change?
A Christmas of Change (ACOC) is an annual event combining the holiday celebration in downtown Bend with the opportunity to raise funds to support local charities in our community. Created by The Tree of Humanity (The Tree) and in partnership with the Downtown Bend Business Association (DBBA), ACOC promotes the idea that small contributions of time and money can add up to make a difference in the lives of others.
Who is The Tree of Humanity?
The Tree is a nonprofit organization passionate about doing service projects and helping other local charities who also do vital work in our community. 100% of the funds raised by The Tree goes toward making a difference in Bend. The Tree has organized volunteers to help the DBBA decorate downtown for the Christmas season since 2008.
How can you get involved?
• Downtown businesses are invited to show their support by making a corporate donation to benefit local charities. Any amount is greatly appreciated. In recognition of your generosity you will receive a beautiful ACOC gold coin ornament to display in your window. Please make checks payable to The Tree of Humanity.
• Keep an optional collection jar, supplied by The Tree, near your register so customers can donate extra change from their purchases to help local charities. Business cards will be made available showing a list of charities that past donations have helped support.
But wait, there’s more!!!
• Bendbroadband has donated time to promote ACOC. TV spots will encourage viewers to visit downtown Bend businesses displaying the ACOC gold coin.
• Additional promotion will take place at the Community Tree Lighting on Saturday, November 29th.
• Check out the ACOC website – www.achristmasofchange.com
Please don’t miss out – November 23rd is the deadline to get involved!!!
To confirm your participation or for more information please contact Steve Reber at
541-771-2264 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Chuck Arnold at 541-788-3628