The Streetscape Operations Manager manages the daily operations of the cleaning, streetscape, and landscaping maintenance services of the Economic Improvement District (EID). This position is responsible for managing the beautification of Downtown seven days per week.
The Operations Manager is an important element of the program’s visibility and is expected to be a ‘working’ manager, actively participating in the daily tasks and duties.
The Operations Manager implements and oversees the streetscape maintenance budget and directs activities related to watering/flowers, electrical, landscaping, hardscape repair, lighting, banners, event logistics, holiday decorations, snow clearance, cleaning & sanitation, and other contractor and staff work within the EID.
The Operations Manager maintains and manages the operation’s equipment and supplies, and works closely with District business owners and managers within the EID on streetscape and landscaping maintenance matters, as well as with City agencies, contractors and utilities.
• Completes and oversees grounds operations, managing beautification, maintenance, and EID improvements.
• Instrumental in the development and implementation of initiatives related to the EID’s outdoor environmental features, including but not limited to; streetscape, landscaping, parking, irrigation, electrical lighting, and snow clearance operations.
• Oversees a schedule and budget for the regular streetscape maintenance and beautification within the EID, coordinating and supervising the work of contractors and maintenance staff. Ensures all services are being performed as required.
• Develops new community programs, enrolls volunteers and optimizes current systems and work processes for efficiency.
• Manages and safeguards all DBBA equipment.
• Ensures a safe environment for employees and the general public.
• Performs consistent and timely work.
• Increases the use of the banner program with a goal of 90% capacity at all times.
• Oversees holiday décor installation and removal.
• Reports on and evaluates streetscape maintenance program effectiveness and develops new plans to improve service. Manages and develops reports for Board of Directors, the City of Bend and other stakeholders
• Works with and maintains a professional relationship with City and other public service agencies and utility providers.
• Ensures service expectations are being met through regular contact with the customer; evaluates the quality of services by measuring individuals employee performances compared to expectations and overall program performance, making adjustments a necessary.
• Actively engages customers, representatives, stakeholders, and outside agencies to collaborate on solutions to identified issues and to set a course for continual program evolution. Implements new local strategies to continually improve service delivery.
• The Operations Manager is an important element of the program’s visibility and is expected to be a ‘working’ manager to actively participate in the daily tasks and duties.
• Must have and use own vehicle (standard mileage compensation applies)
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to drive/operate a lift, ATV, trailer, large truck (UHual), etc.
• Must have experience in a maintenance and operations field
• Must have excellent references and communication skills.
• Must have a desire to work with a close-knit team to make a difference in the Bend Community
Hours – 32 to 40 hours per week/flexible schedule
Salary – Starting wage, is $31,000 to $39,000 DOE
Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com