What is Christmas of Change?
Christmas of Change is an annual event combining the holiday celebration in downtown Bend with the opportunity to raise funds to support local charities in our community. The Tree of Humanity (The Tree) conducts this event in partnership with the Downtown Bend Business Association (DBBA).
Who is The Tree of Humanity?
The Tree is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that does service projects and supports other local charities in our community. 100% of the funds raised by The Tree through Christmas of Change go to making a difference right here in Bend. The Tree has organized volunteers to help the DBBA decorate downtown for the Christmas season since 2008.
What Charities has The Tree helped?
Over the past eight years, The Tree and Christmas of Change have helped the following:
- Alyce Hatch Center
- Bethlehem Inn
- KIDS Center
- Sparrow Clubs
- Shepherd’s House Women’s & Children’s Center
- Healthy Beginnings
- CASA of Central Oregon
- Grandma’s House
- Teen Challenge
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Oregon
- Central Oregon Council on Aging
- Salvation Army Children’s Program
- Deschutes County Search & Rescue
- Hospice House at Partners in Care
How can you get involved?
- Downtown businesses may choose to show their support by making a tax-deductible donation. Any amount is greatly appreciated. In recognition of your generosity you will receive a Christmas of Change gold coin ornament to display in your window. Checks should be made payable to The Tree of Humanity or Christmas of Change.
- Keep a collection jar supplied by The Tree near your register so customers can donate change to help local charities. Business cards will be made available showing the many charities past donations have helped support.
For more information, please contact Steve Reber at 541-771-2264 or Christmas of email@example.com